« Last notes from Tanzania | Main | Turkish barber »

April 04, 2010


Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.


As far as I can tell there's no specific English name for these contraptions. They're known generically as "pedal-less bikes," which is sort of stating the obvious.



German Wikipedia "Laufrad" (or Draisine) links to English Wikipedia "Dandy Horse" which links to "Balance bicycle".

If the Laufrad can survive a night out: As soon as your son don't want to push it up the hill, produce a bicycle lock "I'm to tired, too for pushing it uphill, we can lock it here - but you will have to walk tomorrow morning till we reach it ...".

The comments to this entry are closed.